My friend Wendy over at Herding Cats In Hammond River recently awarded me a Stylish Blogger Award! Ha! There is more than a bit of irony in being called stylish at this moment. In the past two weeks my kids have had only one day of school. So, I’ve been clothed unapologetically in stuck-at-home mommy clothes – clothes that could be just easily worn to bed or the gym, clothes that are definitely not stylish.
Fortunately, Wendy (as you’ll know when you check out her wonderfully eclectic blog) does not define stylish by what a person is wearing but by the words she (or he) writes. (Wendy’s pretty cool. Did I mention that?) So, with her encouragement, I sit here on my ninth snow day in a row in pants that have owls on them and a neon green t-shirt that is only fit for running or sleeping, to humbly accept the The Stylish Blogger Award.
The reward requires that I:
- Link back to the Wendy and Herding Cats In Hammond River (as the giver of the award – the alliteration in the title is for her)
- Name 6 other bloggers to receive the reward
- Tell 7 things about myself.
As with most bloggers, talking about myself comes fairly easily to me. I realized this when I tried to come up with seven things I haven’t already shared. I’m starting to wonder if I share too much! Here are some you may not know:
- When I was in college I won free rent on my apartment for a year.
- I have a slightly out-of-control competitive streak. Have you ever played the game Spoons? Apparently it’s not meant to be full contact. My family has banned me from this, and some other, innocent-appearing card games.
- I once flipped a Honda Civic upside down into a ditch. I was fine, the car was not.
- I have a slight addiction to coffee and Coke Zero.
- I have a major reading problem. I devour books sacrificing sleep and housework when I find a good one. Lately, I’ve had to practice some self-control and have a waiting period before starting a new book. (Otherwise I’d never get out of these owl pants.)
- I bring my own linens and pillow to hotels. (My mom is shaking her head right now wondering why I shared that one.)
- I talk a lot. My husband recommended this one. At first I thought it was a bit mean of him but, upon further reflection, he’s right. I like to talk.
Now, on to the fun part! Here are the six bloggers I award with the Stylish Blogger Award.
- My Pajama Days is a blog I just started reading and love! She funny, relatable, and makes me either laugh or nod my head in agreement. Her post today, Dear Friday, You are FLIPtastic! was just what I needed to read this morning.
- Amy over at transplanted thoughts is … well, words fail me. Just read her blog. Her post today, You’re Right – The Minion Needs His Own Blog is just hilarious as are so many of her posts. But beyond funny she faces life with bravery and resiliency. She’s an amazing mother and has truly changed my life and my perspective.
- Some Species Eat Their Young is the first blog I followed and still the one I read the instant he posts a new one. Laugh out loud funny.
- Bethwoodphotography is where I head to drink in Beth’s beautiful pictures but stay to read about her life, family, and love of photography. (She’s also taught me a thing or two about photography which I, Queen Of The Phone Camera, badly need to learn!)
- What first drew me to Dances with Chaos is that anyone who names her blog Dances with Chaos gets it. Her blog perfectly captures motherhood in all its glory.
- I just started reading On the Journey and I’m hooked. Amy writes about writing and I have so much to learn from her! She is intelligent, funny, honest, and willing to share her process. She’s also a wonderful mom, of course.
So, there it is! I am feeling more stylish than when I began this post. I think I’ll go put on clothes with buttons and a non-elastic waistband today. To my 6 award nominees, to you accept the award you just:
1. Write seven things about yourself.
2. Present the award to six bloggers.
3. Contact those people.
4. Create a link back to the person who did this